Credit & Debit Card Security
If your card is lost or stolen, or you suspect you're a victim of fraud or identity theft, call us immediately on our 24-hour service line so we may place an immediate hold on your account.
|VISA Credit Card||866.820.3036|
|VISA Debit Card||888.918.7749|
Important Travel Notice
Prior to traveling outside of your normal area of card use, be it domestic or foreign, please call Justice Federal at least 48 hours in advance at 800.550.5328 to let us know the dates and location(s) you will be visiting. If traveling over a weekend, please notify us by 4:30 PM (EST), the Friday before your departure. We will place a memo on your account, which will prevent your VISA Debit and Visa Credit Cards from possibly being blocked due to unusual activity in those locations.
- Record your card and account numbers along with expiration dates in a safe place at home. Include the phone number for each card company so you can report fraud and minimize damage quickly.
- Carry only the cards you need so there is less for a potential thief to take and fewer cards you'll have to freeze if your wallet is lost or stolen.
- Shred documents containing personal information before throwing them away.
- Never give your account number to anyone on the phone unless you initiated the call to a company you know to be reputable.
- Never sign a receipt leaving lines, such as the total, blank. The information on a blank receipt may be changed after you've already signed it. Drawing a line through any blank spaces may help.
- Watch your card during a transaction and make sure you get it back.
- Look for irregularities with an ATM before using it, especially with the card slot. If it looks odd, it may be a skimmer used to capture your credit card information. If you notice it after you've inserted your card, alert the card issuer.
- Be cautious when using your cards online. Only enter information on websites you're sure are legitimate.
Using state-of-the-art fraud prevention systems, our dedicated staff monitors your accounts for fraud and unusual activity and will notify you of any suspicious activity. We follow strict safeguards when mailing out cards and statements, and verify your identity whenever calling in.
To be certain that we reach you quickly, please make sure we have your updated contact information.
Please provide us with your mobile phone number as your primary phone number on your VISA Debit Card and/or Credit Card account for ease in contacting you.
We recommend that you provide us with your mobile phone number as your primary phone number on your VISA Debit Card and/or Credit Card account for ease in contacting you.
Based on previous card usage, if your Justice Federal VISA purchase looks suspicious, we'll attempt to contact you to verify if its rightful owner used the card - or if the account has fallen into the wrong hands. If the account is being used fraudulently, we can minimize additional activity from occurring.
We care about your account security. If you receive a call asking about purchases made with your Justice Federal VISA, please take a moment to talk to our fraud investigator to verify your debit or credit card activity.
If you receive a call asking you to verify your CURewards redemption, please take a moment to talk to our fraud investigator to verify your redemption activity.
Periodically events take place, which cause us to block certain merchants and even entire countries. The following merchants are currently blocked:
Cuba: All merchants
Azerbaijan: All merchants
Japan: Grocery stores and supermarkets, taxicabs and limousines, hobby, toy, and game shops, and electronics
North Korea: All merchants
Malaysia: All merchants
Although these merchants are currently blocked, this could change at any time. If you plan on traveling to these countries, we can offer alternative methods to help you access your money.
VISA International ATM providers are permitted to impose an access fee on international ATM cash disbursement transactions. VISA cardholders traveling internationally may be charged an access fee on international ATM cash transactions. The amount of the access fee charged is at the discretion of the VISA International ATM provider.
Introducing complete card control with the Card Lock mobile app
- Stay Safe Online
To educate and empower our global digital society to use the Internet safely and securely.
- STOP. THINK. CONNECT.
The global online safety awareness campaign to help all digital citizens stay safer and more secure online.
- On Guard Online
The FTC’s free online security tips and resources.
For KidsFBI Kids Page
Learn more about the FBI and Kid's Safety with games, tips, stories and interactives.