Beginning, September 15, 2017, some payments and transfers may move from your account faster!
We live in an instant messaging, instant streaming, instant gratification world. Yet, nearly all of the 23 billion ACH payments moved each year are processed on a next-day or two-day basis. The backbone of the US payment system is about to get faster.
New capabilities of Same Day ACH become effective over phases to allow financial institutions and businesses to acclimate to a faster processing environment, as well as to ease the implementation effort. Beginning September 15, 2017, Same Day ACH will be available for debit entries, enabling the same-day processing of virtually any ACH payment.
What This Means to You
Beginning September 15, 2017, budgeting will get a little easier! Some payments and transfers will be paid on the same day you make them — meaning you’ll have a better idea of what’s available in your account. Please check with the payment or transfer originator to determine if payment will be paid the same day.
For example, if you authorize your electric service provider to pay your monthly bill by electronic check using your Justice Federal account, your account will be debited the same day instead of days later as it may today.
Benefits to You
- Easier budgeting
- Faster credit for late payments
- Quicker transfers between accounts
Tips to be Prepared:
1. Plan for funds to clear on the day you make payments. Don’t assume funds will clear the day after a purchase. Check your account before authorizing a payment to ensure the available balance can cover the payment.
2. Check your balance. Keeping a low balance can have a negative impact in the event a same-day ACH debit overdraws your account and incurs a fee. Keeping your account balance at a level that supports your spending is the best way to keep your account in the positive.
3. Set up overdraft protection. Overdraft protection helps to ensure your transactions are covered.
A simple click of your mouse gives you access to your Justice Federal account anytime, anywhere.